- What is The Digital version?
- How do I set up my browser to best receive and view the magazine?
- Are there any issues regarding corporate firewalls that may block the email you send notifying me of the availability of each issue?
- What are the advantages of the digital format of the magazine?
- How do I subscribe?
- Can I receive both the digital version and the print version of a magazine?
- Why am I no longer receiving the digital version?
- What if I don't want to sit in front of a computer to read an entire magazine?
- What is the best way to view the digital versions?
- How do I know if an advertisement offers a video, product demo, or link to an advertiser web site?
- What if I don't want to click page-by-page through each issue?
- How do I view two facing pages instead of one at a time?
- How do I change the size of the page on my screen
- How do I go directly to a specific article or advertisement?
- How do I print an article?
- How do I email an article to a friend or co-worker?
- How do I save articles for future reference?
- How do I archive issues?
- Can I search entire issues for keywords, companies, authors, etc.?
- How can I switch my current print subscription to a digital subscription?
1. What is The Digital version?
The Digital version is a cover-to-cover reproduction of each issue of our magazines in a convenient Web browser-based format.
2. How do I set up my browser to best receive and view the magazine?
You can use IE 4.0 + or Netscape 4.0 + A screen resolution setting of 1024 x 768 is optimal.
3. Are there any issues regarding corporate firewalls that may block the email you send notifying me of the availability of each issue?
Our eMails do not contain any spam content which can become a security issue for eMail receivers. But make sure that our email id is allowed by your eMail Client / Spam Controller / Firewall etc. settings.
4. What are the advantages of the digital format of the magazine?
- You just click on the link and go directly to the digital version of the magazine.
- Link directly to specific articles or advertisers.
- Print out articles and/or email them.
- Print out the entire issue and/or email it.
- Link to advertiser web sites directly from their ads.
- You can search issues based on company name or keyword.
- When you're finished, the issue will be archived for you online.
- Faster delivery—The digital versions will normally be available and accessible while the print version is still in the mail (particularly advantageous to subscribers outside the United States).
5. How do I subscribe?
Click here to access the subscription form.
6. Can I receive both the digital version and the print version of the magazine?
No, subscribers must choose a format.
7. Why am I no longer receiving the digital version?
The FABRICATOR's strength in its very competitive marketplace is that it has had a long history of actually being widely read by its subscribers. We are introducing the magazine in a digital format to offer readers more options. Our circulation, print and digital, is being audited by a third party circulation auditing organization. If a subscribers signs up to receive the digital version of the magazine, but never accesses it, this is a signal to us that the format is not working for that particular subscriber. In those cases, we will convert the subscription back to the print format.
8. What if I don't want to sit in front of a computer to read an entire magazine?
We don't expect subscribers will read the entire magazine, print or digital. Instead, they will use their own style of figuring out what is in each issue that is relevant to them. The digital format allows you to do this quickly and easily. You can use the drop-down Contents area or you can scan the list of articles in the left navigation bar and link directly to your areas of interest. Once you've linked directly to the articles that interest you, you can read them on your computer or print them out to read later. You can click through page-by-page, scanning headlines. We expect each user will develop his/her preferred method of scanning the issue quickly and accessing articles and advertisements of interest. Back to top
9. What is the best way to view the digital version?
From the settings menu, set the zoom percentage to a size that allows you to see as much of the page as possible while still being able to read article headlines. Then use the page arrows to flip through the magazine, scanning the article headlines, pictures, and advertisements for topics that are of specific interest. When you find something that interests you, zoom in to read online, or print out to read later, or email the article to a friend or colleague. This method ensures you get the feel of the magazine and what it contains that month and you don't miss any advertisers that may be introducing new products of which you need to be aware.
10. How do I know if an advertisement offers a video, product demo, or link to an advertiser web site?
We provide links on each page which may lead you to a popup where a video or product demo is located. You will also see a button that would have a symbol to attract attention for pressing it. Once opened, you can close the window simply by clicking the “Click here to close” bar.
11. What if I don't want to click page-by-page through each issue?
You can use the links in the table of contents to move to articles that interest you.
12. How do I view two facing pages instead of one at a time?
You can contol this in the Settings Menu.
13. How do I change the size of the page on my screen?
You can contol this in the Settings Menu.
14. How do I go directly to a specific article or advertisement?
You can go directly to an article by clicking on the article title in the Contents drop-down, clicking onto the page number on the Table of Contents page, or by clicking onto the article title on the cover.
15. How do I print an article?
Click the printer icon on the toolbar at the top of the page.
16. How do I email an article to a friend or co-worker?
Click the Share button on the toolbar at the top of the page.
17. How do I save articles for future reference?
Our digital versions will be provided with a PDF version from the Download menu on the navigation toolbar at the top of every page. Click on it to save the issue to your local hard drive. There is also an executable version of the issue which looks and feels like you're online. You can also bookmark a page or the starting page of articles for future reference.
18. How do I archive issues?
The issues are automatically archived and accessible from the Archives menu.
19. Can I search entire issues for keywords, companies, authors, etc.?
Yes, use the search feature located in the toolbar to search each issue that is available in the online archive.
20. How can I switch my current print subscription to a digital subscription?
Click Here to go to the subscription page. You will need to enter your Subscription ID in the appropriate field. (This number can be found above your name on the mailing label of your print edition. If you currently don't have this number available to you, you can enter your name, company name and address.)